Monday, March 9, 2009

Cache Valley Snow storm

Well, it is official, we currently have 23.5" of snow in Hyrum!!! Yesterday, there was not an inch of snow left on the ground. We are supposed to get more snow during the night! My poor chickens were lucky we put a tarp over their run. If we hadn't done this they would be under two feet of snow. I went out and tried to get the snow off the top, BOY WHAT A JOB!!!!!! I have been out twice today to snowblow and Brian is getting ready to go out for his second time. I love the snow. They kids love being able to play in it. They dog has to jump up to get out of it; it comes up over his head. It is funny to watch him go out in it.
Mom McInelly came up last night so we could get a quilt cut out for my Grandma Chris. She is stuck here until tomorrow. They have put the chain law into effect over Sardine Canyon. She doesn't even have four wheel drive. She brought Zoey up with her and Leslie came and picked her up, she does have four wheel drive and chains. They said the canyon was very bad.
On other news, we built shelves in our food room. They look great! I will put pics on either later tonight or in the morning. They are so awesome. I can see everything we have and I didn't realize just how much food storage we have. I feel very blest to have it. It sure does help make the budget stretch farther.

1 comment: