Friday, February 12, 2010

The Rising Generation!!!


Today, I wanted to be the best mom in the world. I thought I would make some donuts for the kids, for after school. I pulled out my oven baked donut recipe and got started. I added all the ingredients and started mixing. After I had added all the flour I still had a soupy mass. I couldn't figure out what I had done wrong. I looked over the recipe again and it all seemed correct. Then I started looking at the measuring cups. I had added 3 PINTS of milk to my recipe that only called for 3 CUPS!!! I had doubled the milk! Thankfully I had used SAF yeast and I could just add all the ingredients to make it double. Needless to say, it wouldn't all fit in my Bosch. I put as much in as I could and then dumped the rest of the flour on my kitchen table. I then poured the still soupy mass over the flour and started kneeding. It took about 24+ cups of flour to make the dough the right consistency. The above pictures show David with the mass of dough, before rising. I made donuts for the rest of the day!!!!!!!! I baked about 150-200 and then I decided that I would cut and form the rest, and then freeze them. I will see in a few weeks if they will bake up good. I made some traditional shaped donuts and then just some round donuts that could have a filling squirted into them. They are all glazed with a white glaze that is simple and yummy. I have given out donuts to many of the people in my neighborhood. At least I have been able to laugh at the fiasco all day. Every time I think of it I just giggle. Donuts anyone?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. So hilarious! And they turned out great! Very delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mass is almost as big as David lol too bad you don't live closer I'd take some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look fabulous! I'll have to try that recipe...I owned a bakery and never made that many in a day...at least not of just donuts!

    ReplyDelete