Monday, October 26, 2009

Ramblings

Isn't it funny how you seldom appreciate something until you loose it? I have enjoyed relatively good health for the last year, something I haven't had for many years before this. This weekend I got sick and was in bed for a whole day. I still don't feel great, but at least I am able to get up. It really makes me appreciate good health. I also have been blessed with being able to get those things done that are important. In Relief Society I have had to take over a lot of things for the president, with LOTS of help from the other counselor. She, the pres., has been really sick, and not able to do a lot of things. We have had two funerals, with another one coming up this week, lots of sick members, a cookbook project, a new way to do Relief Society meetings, I have been preparing a lesson for next week, and the list just keeps going. I have had time to get everything done that I have needed to do. I thank my Father in Heaven for the strength he has given me and the guidance he has provided. I know I couldn't get all of the stuff done if not for His help. I am trying to be more patient with my kids and He has helped me in that area as well. I don't get as upset when the girls act crazy and do "their things" that just DRIVE ME CRAZY!!!!! (It is still a work in progress.)

1 comment:

  1. I really needed to read that today...I've been sick with the shingles and really out of touch in my life. I do appreciate my health and the stregnth the Lord has blessed me with to be able to do all that I do. I know without Him I would be lost and exhausted...sure love and miss you. Sorry I haven't been better at keeping in touch lately.

    ReplyDelete