Monday, July 6, 2009

Ponderings

I have spent today getting the house put back together after decorating the kids rooms. It has be quite a chore. I had the kids help out alot and we got most of it done very quickly. I still have some laundry to get done and dinner to fix, but those things just never go away.
Yesterday in Relief Society I gave the presidency lesson (first lesson of the month). It was on mental illness. I worried so much over it that I got a cold sore! After the lesson was over I had just about everyone come up to me a tell me what a great lesson it was. I even had some people tell me that it was just what the ward needed to hear. It was one of the hardest lessons I have ever had to give. We talked about how the fear and ignorance need to be taken out of our ward families. It was good to finally have an open discussion on something that is so important. Thank you Nicole for coming and being moral support for me. I really appreciate it.
We had a very fun 4th of July this year. Linda and family came up for the weekend and we had soooo much fun spending time with them. We will definately have to do that more often. It was fun to see all the kids during the fireworks at our house. They had lots of fun. Brian made indredible steaks and chicken on the grill. Everyone ate till they couldn't possibly put one more bite in their mouths. I can't wait for the next go around.
We had Thomas come up for the weekend and he did really good. It was a pleasant visit and I am thinking I might even be looking forward a little to the next visit, if it will go as well as this one. Keep praying for him.

3 comments:

  1. The weekend was a blast Rob is still talking about the steaks lol kids loved it. They are talking about next year already. Thank you for having us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! I knew you would do great on your lesson :) I love it when you find or make the time to pick up and put things in order!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for inviting me to come to your lesson! You really did a great job! I know you touched the hearts of the women there, including me! :) Thanks for being an amazing friend! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete