Sunday, May 17, 2009

Brittany's Room

We have finally started on Brittany's room! We took everything out, including the carpet, so it would be easier to work in. The first thing we have done is rebuild two of the walls. We have a broken water shut-off valve that needed to be hidden behind a wall, but it was sticking out too far. We just built another wall over the top of it. We also had a wall that didn't match up with the rest of that same wall, so we just built another wall right in front of that one too. It didn't take too long to do that actual building. It did take, however, many hours of planning so that it would go together and look good. I am now ready to start putting the drywall up and then the task of mudding (my least favorite). I am planning a month to get it all done. I hope that is enough time. I really don't want to drag this out much more than that. I want to have some fun this summer. But, I do enjoy creating something wonderful from nothing.

3 comments:

  1. You are just so creative. I can't wait to come up and see the end result...I'll make sure all the intensive labor has been completed first...jk...hopefully I get to come up this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow by the time your done you will have a TON of sweat equity!!!. Mickey you truely have many amazing talents. I wish I had just a drop of them but I don't.

    ReplyDelete